The Jesuits then created a scholasticate, that is a property where a large community of religious lives undergoing spiritual or intellectual training. Before the construction of the scholasticate began, sisters of the Holy Cross of Jerusalem occupied a wing of the Castle for 3 years to avoid the risk of a requisition if the place remained uninhabited for too long. The scholasticate then functioned for almost 20 years.
As you can see in the photos, the castle was then flanked with 2 imposing buildings: on one side a large library and on the other the accommodation for students and teachers. Standing in front of the castle: the accommodation was on the left and the library on the right (reverse on the photo above). Opposite the accommodation was the Chapel. The organ that accompanied the religious celebrations is now at the Sainte Geneviève church in Gouvieux.
In 1970, with the decline in vocations, the scholasticate was transferred to Paris and the Jesuits transformed the site into a Cultural and Spiritual Center. The place then welcomed many young people for the holidays and was open to the public. In fact, many families from Gouvieux and Chantilly came here on Sundays to walk or even fish in the pond.
In 1998, the Society of Jesus no longer being able to maintain the place, it put it up for sale. The library, comprising more than 500,000 precious works was transferred to Lyon. It was the 2nd private library in Europe, the 1st being that of the Vatican. It contained, among other things, a 10-leaf notebook from one of the Bibles printed by Gutenberg between 1452 and 1454.
Capgemini acquired the domain. After meeting very strict specifications regarding respect for the place and its historical heritage, the Group set up his Campus in 2003.