Capgemini believes that the establishment of trust and privacy is instrumental to the continued growth of the Internet. We also believe that the efficient collection, use and transfer of information serve to enhance the development of the Internet and electronic commerce, provided that such information is handled in a fair and responsible manner.
“). This Policy applies to all websites that are owned and operated by Cap Gemini S.A. and/or companies that Cap Gemini S.A. controls, directly or indirectly (collectively, “Capgemini
Cap Gemini S.A. or one of companies that Cap Gemini S.A. controls, directly or indirectly, is the data controller with respect to Personal Data collected and processed via its respective website. When required by local law, the relevant Capgemini entity performs the formalities with the local data protection authorities with respect to the processing of Personal Data.
In this Policy, “Personal Data” means information which relates to an individual and which identifies that individual, either directly or indirectly (together with other information that is reasonably likely to come into Capgemini’s possession), such as your name, email address or telephone number.
Collection of Personal Data
Generally, you can visit Capgemini websites without providing any Personal Data about yourself. However, in order to access some parts of our websites, such as to download certain documents, or in connection with another specific purpose, we may need to collect Personal Data from you. Providing Personal Data to us in these events is voluntary. If you do not provide Personal Data to us, then you will not be able to benefit from the respective functionality offered by our websites, such as communication, downloading of documents or recruitment. The purposes, for which your Personal Data is collected, are described below, along with a brief description of how your Personal Data may be handled in each case.
- Communicating with you. We will follow up on comments and other requests that you submit to us through our website, such as online queries, business related inquiries, or registering your attendance at a conference. This may include using your Personal Data to call you back by telephone or communicating with you via email.
- Direct marketing and promotion. Direct marketing and/or promotional efforts by or on behalf of Capgemini may include providing you with specific information that you have requested online, providing more general information about other Capgemini offerings, or enabling you to participate to online contests or to register for any sponsored events. When we collect Personal Data for direct marketing or promotional purposes, however, we generally offer appropriate choices regarding the use of your Personal Data.
- Recruitment. If you submit a resume or job application online, we will use your Personal Data for recruitment-related purposes, which may include contacting you via email, telephone or post. In some cases, you may be required to register on our website in order that you may track the progress of your application online. Except where you request otherwise, Capgemini may keep your Personal Data on file for an appropriate time in order to consider you for other employment opportunities with Capgemini in the future.
- Discussion forums. If you choose to participate in Capgemini discussion forums or chat rooms then, in some cases, you may be required to register certain details, such as your name and email address. You should also be aware that your comments may be made broadly available to others, inside or outside Capgemini, depending on which particular discussion forum or chat room you are accessing.
- Maintaining the website and conducting customer satisfaction surveys. We will use your Personal Data in order to maintain and improve our website. We may also use your Personal Data in order to conduct customer satisfaction surveys.
- Compiling aggregate statistics regarding the use of the website.
When providing Personal Data on this website, you acknowledge that you have the necessary authorization and consent to disclose Personal Data to be used by Capgemini as described in this Policy.
Cookies are used on this website. By using our website, you agree that cookies are to be placed on your device as further explained below.
Cookies are small pieces of data that a website sends to your computer’s web browser while you are navigating through it. They have many different purposes, but mainly, cookies enable you to navigate between pages easily, to remember your preferences, and eventually to improve the user experience. These cookies may then be stored on your machine to identify your computer.
Cookies used on this website can be either set up by our website or by a third-party website. Moreover, these cookies can be “session” or “persistent” cookies: a session cookie is a cookie that is automatically deleted when the user closes the browser, whereas a persistent cookie is a cookie that remains stored in the user’s terminal device until it reaches a defined expiration date. Cookies used on Capgemini website have a maximum lifetime of 12 months.
. Types of cookies
We use several types of cookies on this website, as categorized on the basis of the four categories found in the ICC UK Cookie Guide
For more information on the different cookies we use on this website, see the list of cookies further below.
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided.
Strictly necessary cookies used on the Capgemini website:
- Registered visitor cookies.
These cookies allow a website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local information or news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to the text size, font and other parts of the web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. They do not gather any information that could be used for advertising.
Functionality cookies used on the Capgemini website:
- Registered visitor functionality cookies.
- Social plug-in content sharing cookies.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages they go to more often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by means of these cookies is anonymized, aggregated and only used to develop and track traffic patterns and the volume of use of our website and to improve how our website works. This information is for Capgemini’s exclusive use and is not shared with any third party or connected to any other information.
Performance cookies used on the Capgemini website:
- Unregistered visitor cookies.
- Analytic cookies.
These cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are targeted to be relevant to you, limit the number of times you see an advertisement, and help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising agencies with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Quite often they will be linked to a website functionality provided by the other organization.
We do not have third-party advertising on our website.
We use targeting cookies only for our own analytic purposes.
We use third parties to gather and provide us with information about our website’s advertising audiences and to deliver targeted advertisements on third-party sites. Havas Media do this for us and you can find more information on their website.
We may use Personal Data collected from our cookies to identify user behavior and to serve content and offers based on your profile.
The performance cookies used on this website do not collect Personal Data.
Other cookies can collect Personal Data (including information from cookies placed via our advertisements on third-party websites):
- If a user is a registered user.
- If we send you a targeted email which includes web beacons, cookies or similar technologies we will know whether you open, read, or delete the message.
- When you click a link in a marketing e-mail you receive from Capgemini, we will also use a cookie to log what pages you view and what content you download from our websites, even if you are not registered at or signed into our site.
Here is a list of the main cookies we use on our website:
C. Other non-cookie technologies:
|Registered visitor cookie
||Cookie given to each registered user.
|Registered visitor functionality cookie
||Cookies used to remember the unique identifier given to each registered user.
|Social plug-in content sharing cookie
||Cookies set by services such as Facebook Connect or Twitter Button, which allow social networks users to share the content of our websites on social networks.
|Unregistered visitor cookie
||Cookies used to give to unregistered visitors a unique identifier in order to recognize them and to analyze how they use the website.
||Cookies used to store URLs of the previous page visited, enabling to track visitors navigating from inside or from outside the website. If you click on a Capgemini advertisement on a non-Capgemini website, a cookie may be used to log which website you are on, in order to ensure our advertisements are served effectively and to measure whether our advertisements are viewed.
- Addthis: cookies set by Addthis are used for user measurements and analytical features. Please refer to the Addthis privacy statement for any further information on their use and your rights related to the use of such cookies.
- Marketo: cookies set by Marketo are used to track visitors on our website. Visits are tracked for known visitors. Unknown visitors are recorded as anonymous users. Please refer toMarketo privacy statement for any further information on their use and your rights related to the use of such cookies.
- Google Analytics: cookies set by Google analytics are used for web analytical purpose, but are not used to track individual users. For further information on how Google Analytics collects and uses information on our behalf and the right to use such cookies, please refer to the Google Analytics products and services privacy statement. If you object to your Personal Data being collected by Google Analytics, you may download and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- Doubleclick Floodlight: cookies are used for retargeting campaigns. Please refer toDoubleclick Floodlight privacy statement for further information on the use of such cookies.
- Bluekai: cookies are used for retargeting on LinkedIn. Please refer to Bluekai privacy statement for further information on the use of such cookies.
- Mediamath: cookies are used for retargeting through Affiperf. Please refer to Mediamath privacy statement for further information on the use of such cookies.
- Pingdom: cookies used for analytic purposes on our website. Please refer to Pingdom privacy statement for further information on the use of such cookies.
Capgemini also enables the use of technologies that perform functions similar to cookies such as web beacons or other technologies that may be included in marketing e-mail messages or newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and links clicked on. Web beacons do not place information on your device, but may work in conjunction with cookies to monitor website activity.
D. “Do-not-track” signals
We recommend that you leave the cookies active. Bear in mind that if you block, turn off or otherwise reject our cookies, some web pages may not display properly or you will not be able to use any website services that require you to sign in.
If you object to have cookies placed on your machine, you need to disable them. In order to do so, please follow the relevant instructions depending on your browser:
Capgemini is a global organization. Whilst we have distinct legal entities (e.g., country subsidiaries) in many parts of the world, our internal processes and infrastructure are international in scope and nature and generally cross country borders. Accordingly, you should be aware that we may share your Personal Data inside Capgemini and transfer it to countries in the world where we have data centers or otherwise do business, including those located outside the European Union (EU). In these instances, Capgemini will process your Personal Data in the manner described by this Policy and in accordance with applicable law.
Capgemini is taking into account the invalidation by the Court of Justice of the European Union of the Safe Harbor program for its personal data transfers to the United States. The impact of this decision on Capgemini is limited since none of the US Capgemini entities is Safe Harbor certified (other than IGATE). For personal data transfers from its EU to its US entities, Capgemini signs EU Standard Model Clauses.
After the Safe Harbor invalidation by the Court of Justice of the European Union, Capgemini is asking its US third-party suppliers to sign the EU Standard Model Clauses.
Like many organizations, Capgemini may reorganize its business operations around the world from time to time, whether by buying new businesses or selling or merging existing businesses. This may involve us disclosing Personal Data to prospective or actual purchasers of parts of our business, or receiving Personal Data from potential sellers. It is our practice to seek appropriate confidentiality protection for Personal Data disclosed in these types of transactions.
Sensitive Personal Data
As a general rule, Capgemini does not collect “Sensitive Personal Data” through its website. “Sensitive Personal Data” means Personal Data concerning racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, or concerning health or sex life. By volunteering unsolicited sensitive Personal Data to us (e.g., by submitting your resume or a job application online), you expressly consent to your Personal Data being used as described in this Policy.
Accessing, correcting, updating and deleting Personal Data
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, or would like to request a copy of your Personal Data, then please fill-in this form
. Also, if you consider your Personal Data to be incorrect or wish to have it deleted, then please either sign-in and update, correct or delete your profile on our website or fill-in the form previously mentioned so that Capgemini may make any necessary updates, corrections and/or deletions.
Data security and integrity
Capgemini uses various technological and procedural security measures in order to protect the Personal Data we collect, use or transfer from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. However, you should be aware that, due to the open and unsecured character of the Internet, Capgemini cannot be responsible for the security of transmissions of the Personal Data over the Internet.
Capgemini websites may provide links to third-party websites. Capgemini does not make any representations or warranties with respect to such third-party websites. You should be aware that the owners and operators of such third-party websites might collect, use or transfer Personal Data under different terms and conditions than Capgemini. Upon linking to a third-party website, you should inform yourself of the privacy policies of such third-party websites.
Notification of changes to this Policy
This Policy is effective in August 2014 (the “Effective Date
“). In order to check updates to this Policy, please consult this page on a regular basis.