Environmental responsibility: share our ambitions
The Serge Kampf Les Fontaines Campus is the first European campus dedicated to businesses to be awarded European Ecolabel status. This enables it to organize environmentally responsible corporate events.
Share our values
Since 2008, the Serge Kampf Les Fontaines Campus has had European Écolabel status, awarded by AFNOR. Labeling that recognizes an ambitious, voluntary policy; it is based on 4 main axes:
- A strict energy policy,
- Responsible management of natural resources,
- Solutions for products of organic and sustainable farming,
- Waste-repurposing system.
Environmental Responsibility on Campus, in Concrete Terms
Since 2010, the electricity consumed on the Campus has come from 100% renewable sources guaranteeing a neutral impact in terms of CO2 emissions, thanks to EDF’s “Équilibre” (“Balance”) program.
A compost machine installed onsite allows all foodstuffs to be processed onsite, reducing waste.
Four recharge stations for electric vehicles have been installed and a 100% electric vehicle was acquired for driving around the campus.
Additionally, beehives have been installed in the park.
In 2011, geothermal energy was installed for heating and cooling, reducing electrical energy consumption on campus by 50%.
Also in 2011, environmentally responsible standards were respected to renovate 300 rooms on the estate. This work gave preference to Ecolabel materials and all computerized equipment selected was EnergyStar.
Each year, a comprehensive assessment of the site’s CO2 emissions is performed. The result? The Campus has attained European objectives, 10 years in advance, with a 20% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions expected by 2020.
To go even further, the Les Fontaines Campus enables companies to:
- Calculate the total carbon impact of the event using proprietary software, calculating the functioning of the site during the seminar and the travel realized by the participants to come to the Campus,
- Offsetting the carbon footprint by financing one or several environmentally friendly projects, fostering economic and social development at a local level. An example? The financing, in India, of the construction of biogas reservoirs to supply farmers with clean energy.